The Christmas season is fast approaching. This is a great time to start on some DIY decorations. Today I am sharing on YouTube a tutorial for this “Joy to the World” painted canvas.
Be sure to check out the video here:
Here are the supplies I used:
- A 16X20 pre-stretched, pre-primed canvas. (I bought mine at Walmart, but I usually buy them at the dollar store.)
- Acrylic paint. Red (mine is actually Christmas Red), black, brown (mine is Burnt Umber), green (mine is Hunter Green), and white. (I bought all of these at the dollar store.)
- Varying sizes of flat brushes and a liner brush. (I bought most of these at the dollar store.)
- Something to mix the paint on. (I purchased this palette at dollar store, but I have used plastic lids from old containers such as yogurt tubs.)
- A jug of water. (I used the bottle of a water bottle.)
- Paper towel or old rags.
- Garbage bag or something to cover your work space.
- Measuring tape, ruler, pencil, and scissors.
As a special kick-off for the Christmas season, I will be having an extra post this week. Make sure to look for Part 2 of DIY Christmas Decor on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Happy Crafting and Merry Christmas!